Here is some guidance we received from the NHS login team, explaining common issues with uploading ID during the NHS login application process:
- The photo is not clear and does not include all four corners of the ID
- ID is out of date (expired) or invalid
- Accepted documents are: Passports, UK driving licences (full or provisional), European driving licences (full), and European national identity card
- The numbers are not being read out correctly in the video
Applying for an NHS login is processed and managed by the NHS login team.
If you encounter problems with registering for an NHS login:
1. Try the NHS login application process again, ensuring that the above guidance points are adhered to
2. If the step 1 doesn't resolve the problem, please visit External website link(s) https://help.login.nhs.uk/
3. If you still experience problems after step 1 & 2, you can obtain login details from your GP, who will provide you with:
- An account ID (which could be called a Passphrase)
- An ODS code (which could be called an Organisation Code or Practice ID)
- A Linkage key
This will allow you to apply for an NHS login, without having to use the photo/video verification method.
If you choose this alternative method to prove your identity, please consider the information below:
The resolution of your issue mentioned above involves the interaction of your GP. We would usually recommend visiting your GP and asking them to carry out the necessary steps listed above – however, in response to the potential threat of Coronavirus (COVID-19) transmission between individuals, we are keen to avoid users making non-medical related visits to their GP.
This is not to cause alarm, but is a precautionary measure and does not indicate that any patients at your GP have been affected at this stage.
Being mindful of the potential increased volume of work for GP's as a potential result of any Coronavirus outbreak, you may wish to postpone contacting your GP in the short term.
Alternatively, we would advise you contact your GP via email or telephone to action the above steps.