New users on the Health App
If you are new to our Health App, the following information will help guide you through registering and getting started.
If you do not have NHS login, you will need to create an NHS login, which ensures that your medical data is only shared with you.
For most users, the NHS login process takes 30 minutes to complete, but in some cases, it can take a couple of days.
Our registration process
NHS login ensures that you can safely view and access your medical record through the app.
The NHS login process verifies your personal details.
Furthermore, this login method lets you access a variety of digital healthcare websites and apps (including ours), with your email address, phone number and password.
You can navigate through the article by clicking on the tabs below:
Step 1 - Download the App
- Download our mobile Android or iOS App, or go to the web-browser links from:
Links for App stores and Web App
- Open the Health App and click on the 'Register here' link.
- The link will re-direct you to the NHS login website, to register with a new NHS login or an existing NHS login.
Step 2 - Register for NHS login
Next, you will be redirected to the NHS login page. Whilst on the NHS login site, please follow the on-screen instructions carefully:
How to prove your identity:
You can prove your identity using one of the following:
- Passport (except a Syrian passport)
- UK driving licences (full or provisional)
- European driving licences (full)
- European national identity card (except a paper Italian ID card or Greek ID card)
- UK residence card or biometric residence permit (BRP)
You'll need to send a photo of your I.D. and record a short video of your face while you say 4 numbers.
You will be shown 4 numbers and you can record what they are by:
- saying the numbers
- signing the numbers, with British Sign Language
- or writing the numbers down and showing them on the recording
Once your NHS login is approved and has connected to our Health App, you will be able to book appointments, order prescriptions and view your medical records.
To help you understand the process the NHS have developed a short video for patients:
Your data is verified by the NHS. This app does not store any data without your consent.
Step 3 - Getting full access
Once you have had your NHS login approved by the NHS login team, return to our Health App and select the blue 'Continue with NHS login' button (see below):
What happens next?
An account application will be sent to your GP surgery, requesting full access to all of the Health App features.
You can access limited features on the Health App, until your GP surgery has approved your registration.
With limited access, you will be able to book 1 appointment through the Health App, before you have been approved.
- Some GP surgery's process full access approvals daily, but others may have different timescales.
- If you haven't been approved full access to the Health App within five working days (or require urgent access), please contact your GP surgery directly.
Important: Your record may contain sensitive information. If someone is pressuring you for this information, contact your GP surgery immediately.
You have a legal right to access the information in your record.