New users on the Health App
If you are new to our Health App, the following information will help guide you through registering and getting started.
You will need to create an NHS login, which ensures that your medical data is only shared with you. For most users, the NHS login process takes 30 minutes to complete, but in some cases, it can take a couple of days.
Our registration process
NHS login ensures that you can safely view and access your medical record through the app. The NHS login process verifies your personal details.
Furthermore, this login method lets you access a variety of digital healthcare websites and apps, with just one email address and password, including ours.
You can navigate through the article by clicking on the tabs below:
Step 1 - Download the App
- Download our mobile Android or iOS App, or go to the web-browser links from:
Links for App stores and Web App
- Open the App and click on the "Register here" link below the two blue buttons.
- This will re-direct you to the NHS login website, to register for your NHS login.
We've created a short video on 'How to register':
Step 2 - Register for NHS login
Next, you will be redirected to the NHS login page. Whilst on the NHS login site, please follow the on-screen instructions carefully:
How to prove your identity:
You can prove your identity using one of the following:
- UK or European driving licence
- Passport European national identity card
You will need to send a photo of your I.D. and record a short video of your face while you say 4 numbers.
Once your NHS login is approved and has connected to our Health App, you will be able to book appointments, order prescriptions and view your medical records.
To help you understand the process the NHS have developed a short video for patients:
Your data is verified by the NHS. This app does not store any data without your consent.
Step 3 - Getting full access
Once you have had your NHS login approved by the NHS login team, return to our Health App and select the blue "Continue with NHS login" button (see below):
What happens next?
An account application will then be sent to your GP, requesting full access to all of the Health App features.
You can access limited features on the app, until your GP surgery has approved your registration.
Although, you will be able to book 1 appointment through the app, before you have been approved.
- Some GP's process full access approvals daily, but others may have different timescales
- If you haven't been approved full access to the Health App within five working days (or require urgent access), please contact your GP directly.